School of the Madeleine is a Catholic elementary school in the heart of Berkeley, California, with the mission of inspiring our students to grow in mind, body and spirit. We believe that every student is an exceptional learner, and our goal is to help our students grow into morally informed individuals, lifelong learners, and compassionate leaders.
An innovator in 21st century education, all of our classrooms provide students with the latest educational opportunities, while our curriculum combines a mix of creativity, critical thinking and communication skills to best prepare students for high school and beyond.
We nurture the spirits of our students through the values of the Catholic faith to serve the community, care for the environment, and strive for social justice. Our school is based on the pillars of community, prayer and study.
The school was founded in 1937 in the vibrant Dominican tradition of education and service in the Diocese of Oakland.
The School of the Madeleine does not discriminate on the basis of race, color or ethnic origin in the administration of education policies, admission policies, scholarships, athletic programs, nor in any other school administrated programs. The School of the Madeleine offers a quality education at an affordable tuition.
- K-8 Catholic school in Berkeley, California
- Enrollment: 310 students
- Teacher-to-Student Ratio: 18:1/9:1
- 2 Teachers in K-5
- Specialist Teachers: ELA, Humanities, Art, STEAM, Math and Science (6th-8th); Spanish (K-8th); Music (K-8th); Technology (K-8th); Art (K-8th); Physical Education
- Tuition: 2016-2017 tuition was $8,820 for one child as a member of the parish and $10.070 as a non-member. Discounts are available for additional children. Scholarships are available for those who qualify.
- Athletics: We are part of the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO), offering Basketball, Volleyball and Track.
- After School Care: Our Extended Care Program (ECP) offers exceptional, affordable care for all students after school from to 6:00 pm.
- Facilities: Our school offers newly remodeled 21st century classrooms within a beautifully constructed, historic building, featuring a computer lab, science lab, music room, library and large outdoor play area.